Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Changing the oil

I wanted to change the oil and have a few questions. I normally get everything from Walmart because the they have the best price I found for the oil I like which is, Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-20. Does anyone use this in the Fist?

These are the filters they have for our car from Fram, has anyone used anyone of them?
ULTRA/XTENDED GUARD PREMIUM FILTER-
XG3614-10k Mile Engine Protection
TOUGHGUARD-TG3614-6X Engine Protection
HIGHMILEAGE-HM3614
EXTRAGUARD-PH3614-3X Engine Protection
They also have the Motorcraft FL-910s, is this best?
Thanks in advance for any input.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
I would just stick with the motorcraft. Mobil 1 Extended Performance is a great product.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #3
I would just stick with the motorcraft. Mobil 1 Extended Performance is a great product.
I was kind of thinking that too but wasn't sure. I have used Mobil 1 Extended Performance since it came out and it's been amazing.

Things might have changed but fram has always tested poorly in the past for filter efficiency. I'd stay away. I use them in my truck because we'll it's convenient, but my truck at 90k isn't running as good as I feel it should be. I remember a test done showing supercraft which was Walmart brand filter being more efficient than the the top fram filter for half the cost. They stopped producing them though. Stick with the Motorcraft and hope has the consumers best interest in mind.

XuperXero

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #6
Pennzoil Ultra is best for our engine because of Noack and TOEST since it's direct injection and turbocharged. If not then stick with Ford's factory recommendation of Motorcraft Full Syn.

I've already created a thread on bobistheoilguy forums inquiring about this. Useful information here:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3286854/Recommendation_for_Fiesta_ST_1
Wow really, I'll check it because I've always really liked Mobil 1 Extended Performance. It's been amazing in all my cars. One advantage o think is the Motorcraft being the best for our cars and its only $3.99 at Walmart.
Thanks for the info I'm going to check it out.