Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Correct Oil

Bigal

City
Bradford
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Fiesta mk5
Hi, I own a 2001 fiesta with the Endura -e engine. I have been given some 15w 30 fully synthetic oil. Is this oil OK to use? The recommended oil is semi synthetic. Would this oil be better?
Thanks

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hi, I own a 2001 fiesta with the Endura -e engine. I have been given some 15w 30 fully synthetic oil. Is this oil OK to use? The recommended oil is semi synthetic. Would this oil be better?
Thanks
Hello. This forum is aimed primarily at the North American market Fiesta. As general rule, modern engines require a specific grade and quality of motor oil because the engineers had fuel economy and durability targets that maximize the lifespan and economical operation of your Fiesta. It's probably not a good idea to stray from the recommended oils.
Sometimes, in situations where the engine has accumulated over 150,000 miles, oil consumption becomes a issue. In some cases a heavier grade of oil will slow down the consumption. But you will have poorer fuel economy. Heavier oil is not good in very cold temperature because it does not flow easily and could affect the oil pumps ability to pump oil through the engine. The oil filler cap often states what grade of oil is recommended for the engine. I hope that helps you out.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Full synthetic is fine. If anything, it will perform better and last longer. Stick with the recommend viscosities.

Last edited: