Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Recent VDyno graph on Stage 3 E40 custom tune:

340ish peak torque on a stock turbo

Thanks to razorlabs and Bryan over at cyborg turbo. VDyno_FIST_SS3.png

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Just look at the dyno and it should be more than evident. Send your logs to a professional tuner (or even Razorlab) for review. Don't shoot for a high split-second number, shoot for driveability.

OP
C
Thread Starter #5
Just look at the dyno and it should be more than evident. Send your logs to a professional tuner (or even Razorlab) for review. Don't shoot for a high split-second number, shoot for driveability.
I here ya! I'm working with a tuner now on it. But to tell you the truth, very few logs I have seen even come close to 350 lbs of torque on a stock turbo. And as far as drivability goes, I absolutely love the drivability characteristics of this car now more than ever. We have first and second gear dialed back and so this peak torque is only seen on 3'd gear and above. So no wheel spin currently and its putin out ridiculous power right now. Much more than my previous 280-300 peak bench marks.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
That's good, I hope a pro-tuner can clean it up for you. Who are you using?

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Ironically... Its razorlabs's E40 tune lol.
That's not ironic at all. I already knew that that was his base tune before you chewed it all up. It's pretty easy to see the differences. As an example, here's one of his V-Dyno's with E40 and a FMIC-

You're not a tuner, but making revisions to a tune created by someone else doesn't make it their tune still. Take ownership of your work.

OP-what size types are you running?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
To be more specific for the un-informed...
Its razorlabs idle.
Razorlabs timing tables
Razorlabs fuel tables
Razorlabs air fuel ratio table
Razorlabs boost tables
Razorlabs fan controls
Razorlabs compisations
Razorlabs fuel type
Razorlabs VVT control
Razorlabs EVERYTHING but his throttle tables because it was getting throttle closures in the lower RPM ( and still is a bit ).

But the fact that you were so quick to jump on it and complain, means post what you want, you've proven that no matter what, its not upto dyno85's standard of inspection, lol.
If razorlab took 10 total logs and posted his best looking one, this might have been just an average one. So if you wanna complain anymore, feel free to to do it in Razorlab's name, lol.
Wait.... Dyno85.... Where is all your datalogs and V-dyno's you've posted from your highly tuned fist ??? Wait... That's right, your content to sit on the sidelines and complain about everyone's products or tunes or mods, but don't offer ANYTHING but crying in everyone's thread....

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Definitely not complaining because I'm not the one that has to drive it. If the OP is happy and thinks it's fine then great, but having that loss of hp from 2900-3600 rpm looks like crap. Just like the last chart you posted last that has over 1500 rpm of flat-line...no bueno.

Blame it on Razor all you want but anyone that saw his work knows better. You can't only change one aspect of a tune without changing others, that's just not how it works. I'm glad you got a couple of high split-second numbers though.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Lmao [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]... It's [MENTION=930]dyn085[/MENTION] that has been chewed up now.
How do you figure? If you hypothetically created a tune and I went and made V-Dyno's that looked like this based on a couple of his changes, would you claim it as still being your tune? Does this look like the chart of a car you would enjoy driving?

Just curious.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
How do you figure? If you hypothetically created a tune and I went and made V-Dyno's that looked like this based on a couple of his changes, would you claim it as still being your tune? Does this look like the chart of a car you would enjoy driving?

Just curious.
Me? No... I don't want to drive OPs car. I do think it would be better if his smoothing were set to 3. Personally, I never want to drive a stock turbo (or cyborg) FiST ever again. Mine is way to freaking fun to go back.

I just thought it was funny that you assumed (wrongly) that SS mangled Razors tune for the OP. Then he called you out with some truths. However, on the flip side, while you're not "highly modded" I know you tune your FiST yourself.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Me? No... I don't want to drive OPs car. I do think it would be better if his smoothing were set to 3. Personally, I never want to drive a stock turbo (or cyborg) FiST ever again. Mine is way to freaking fun to go back.

I just thought it was funny that you assumed (wrongly) that SS mangled Razors tune for the OP. Then he called you out with some truths. However, on the flip side, while you're not "highly modded" I know you tune your FiST yourself.
I guess I should have asked that, if that was your car and you had that particular tune, would you be happy with it? I understand you're further along and I understand that you would have gone a different modification route, but it's hypothetical. Smoothing would knock it down some but not make it appear much better, nor would it remove that huge hp dip.

My FiST is a commuter, so there's a good chance that I'll never progress past the OEM turbo. I am in constant contact with professional tuners and have had offers, but I just don't have a specified path currently. And again, I already knew that it was a modified Razorlab tune as it was already stated in another thread. Nothing about his post was new or surprising to me.

This thread is surprising, though. Maybe some actual professional tuners should chime in. While I'm not very dumb, I can understand that the same words would have more weight if issued by a pro.

I have been tuning though, just not much lately due to my move. My current high-score for my 36-ish mile commute (obviously I'm tuning for mileage now that I'm working again)-

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Not one time ever have I stated I was a pro-tuner. Not one time ever have I asked, or received a payment from anyone for tuning services.

I think its worth mentioning that the OP has used V-Dyno less than 5-10 times ever, he just downloaded it Saturday night, and he's still working on taking correct logs. I think everyone owes him some slack in those areas, at least he's taken an interest in learning. Its clear that its still getting a throttle closure, but I already said that. Its also clear that on that run, at least one cylinder had a ign correction. Being as I haven't seen it, I wouldn't tell you. If we are going to micro analyze this one single graph, maybe if he uploads it to datazap and shares it in a link, someone could be constructive, instead of negative, and teach him how to mod his tune slightly for smoother operation.... But then.... That would be helping instead of just complaining.

I'm also willing to submit this tune, and well as the oem made razorlab tune for comparison: for better or worse, that is razor labs tune, its just making way more torque, hense the ECU is shutting the throttle due to load and est torque readings. Of course, anytime you get a throttle closure, its going to the smoothness, and its obviously not a finished deal, more like the start of progress.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
39mpg. Holy shizzz. Now... That maybe the most impressive kind of tune I've seen, lol. Despite being a waste of a performance car. Could have got a fiesta sFe way cheaper.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
39mpg. Holy shizzz. Now... That maybe the most impressive kind of tune I've seen, lol. Despite being a waste of a performance car. Could have got a fiesta sFe way cheaper.
You don't understand the correlation between improved power and higher mileage through the increased efficiency of tuning? With all of the tuning you've done you don't realize that you can tune steady-state separately from max-power? And if I can afford two ST's, all of the mods I've done on both, and still have the tendency of opening it up when I'm bored and in a safe environment, then why should I have wasted my money on a one-trick SFE?

Stop being so angry.