Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Big brother got a facelift.

via Worldcarfans

A new report indicates Ford will showcase the refreshed Focus lineup in about two weeks at the 84th Geneva Motor Show.

Now in its third year of production, the third generation of the Focus will adopt Ford's most recent corporate front fascia with an Aston Martin-inspired grille along with a new set of headlights and bumper. The rest of the exterior styling will be left virtually untouched except for some minor tweaks of the rear bumper and taillights. More obvious changes will be inside the cabin where the redesigned center console will host fewer buttons to create a less cluttered layout.

In terms of motorization, the Focus facelift will be offered with the same engines as the current model but Ford plans on adding a 1.5-liter EcoBoost gasoline motor along with a 1.5-liter diesel. In addition, existing engines will be further updated to slash CO2 emissions and improve fuel economy. The Blue Oval company is also reportedly working on a plug-in Focus to take on the recently unveiled Golf GTE and will use the hybrid technology of the plug-in C-MAX.

The range-topping ST derivative will carry the same styling tweaks but it will look a bit more aggressive than today's model, while steering, chassis and suspension will be revised. However, output of the 4-cylinder, 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine will remain at 250 HP (184 kW) and 360 Nm (265 lb-ft).

Looks pretty good to me, can't wait to see what the new Focus ST looks like.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Repped for awesome find. This looks way better than my wife's 2012 Focus.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thats cuz of SUV and MiniVans here ruined the estate wagon market....

Kinda of digging those Fo rims...wonder how'd they look on a Fist...

I like it too. They have made it look more similar to the Fiesta. I always thought the strangest part about the Focus was how the front license plate gets stuck right into the dead center of the front grille.... this was one of the reasons the I preferred the Fiesta front end. I am glad Ford got it right for the Focus, finally.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Maybe I just dont have a keen eye, but its hard to tell differences. It does look a little sharper though.

Just seen this earlier today posted over on vwvortex forums,I like it,they def went with more a fiesta look. Digging the rims also,not a wagon fan but def a bummer they don't bring over the ST version like eu has.wonder how the new FOST is gonna look now with this grill/skirts/wheel setup [hihi]...

-ry

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I like the new design, looks like they borrowed some cues from the new Fiesta as well as the Fusion.

Definitely see fusion in there.every time I see a fusion coming at me on the road I gotta say I take a long hard look,I like the way it's front end looks. Especially in black [biggrin]

-ry

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I like it and I see Fusion or Astin Martin

(which Ford owned at the time) So it is cool wonder if they will spice up the ST too..

I'd like to think Ford finally got the picture that North America loves the European flair and design...aside from taking hints from imports, this is the first time for me I can say Ford is pretty awesome....along with the respect they didn't need a bailout!