Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Youtube BT Fiesta Review

MOFiST

Not much of a review but kinda fun to see inside. [tongue]
I caught the DHM sticker on the back & I wonder if the owner is on here?

[video=youtube;7qqu0jBu9kQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qqu0jBu9kQ[/video]

***EDIT***

This BT video/review was recently posted here on the forum a few times...

Here is SirSinclair (his car) threaded posted a few days ago...

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/8381-Tj-Hunt-reviews-FiST

And in another thread by DHM...

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/t...Powered-Review!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I really like the car:)

-------------

The video left a bit to be desired, liked it mostly but some parts were a bit lame like how he talked about the tire width where he had wider tires on his car but could put even wider ones on it.

The ST will fit wider tires as well, not nearly as wide but still wider than what this one has. Also going by the the sidewall numbers which are only a rough estimate and nothing more, the real specs are what matter and tire to tire performance.

I can put 245's on my car up front, rolling pulling, camber required, 225s fit in the rear.

I have had no problem hanging with well modified cars like his in the tighter sections of a track on 225 tires when the other cars were on wider ones, really:)

Considering the physical aspects of both chassis this may seem a bit off but setup and driving the setup well can make a huge difference.

-----------

If I could of fit my dogs in the back of one of those cars I might of bought one before I tested the ST, then done an immediate engine swap, not a fan of boxer engines.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Not much of a review but kinda fun to see inside. [tongue]
I caught the DHM sticker on the back & I wonder if the owner is on here?

[video=youtube;7qqu0jBu9kQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qqu0jBu9kQ[/video]
This BT video/review was recently posted here on the forum a few times...

Here is SirSinclair (his car) threaded posted a few days ago...

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/8381-Tj-Hunt-reviews-FiST

And in another thread by DHM...

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/8382-TJ-Hunt-2014-FiST-DHM-Quick-Spool-Powered-Review!

Dave's car is awesome. Review left a lot to be desired. Comments on the video page are a bunch of FR-S/BRZ fan boys circle jerking too. Oh well. It was cool to see Dave's car in action.

twolf

They're all talk till they get beat, stock vs. stock, by a car that costs 5k less....

The comparison isn't very fair.

If you take 3 average size people out to eat driving the FRS, two people are going to hate you. Do the same in a Fiesta and no hate.

Shopping at IKEA could be difficult in a FRS.

Anyone looking at the peak horsepower without looking at the torque curves is just silly. I'm not going to praise the ST torque too much but the FRS torque curve has a huge dip in it, it sucks, they know it but they fail to mention it all the time.

FRS owners often talk about supercharger kits and ethanol tunes to fix the car while Fiesta ST owners talk about making it better.

As for handling, they are both good but the FRS is famous for being a hoon-mobile with crappy tires so it drifts all the time. The Fiesta ST seems to be better at changing direction quickly, the tighter the track the better the ST will do in comparison. The fact that we are close with the disadvantage of a higher CG and FWD shows you that the ST is special.

I think I would enjoy an FRS a lot but probably not as much as my Fiesta ST. I made the right choice for me. Some people have different priorities and the FRS would be better for them. I think the priority that can tilt the field toward FRS is if you want traditional sports car styling and RWD. We get rally car style instead.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Totally different cars, I like both but as in the other thread I would of done an engine swap right away if I bought one.

Luckily our dogs did not fit so I drove the ST and fell in love in the first 2 blocks:)

With more power, around 220 at the wheels, a ton of other mods done, not fully sorted out, I killed all the twins at MMP including one that was very fast in the corners but it had a ton of suspension mods, wider tires then mine, etc and my lap times were considerably quicker, they were all bolt on for power mods though, none had FI. I really to not think with equal power I would not been faster or at least as fast.

The ST is pretty damn good for a tall narrow car.

It does help in my case that I am running 9" wide wheels with 225 tires, wider track width.

I might go to 245 fronts though, if I loosen and pull the fenders more I might even fit them under the stock fenders on 10" wide wheels!

I really love the FRS myself, but I chose my FiST because it was a better bargain and cheaper. I still might end up buying a used FRS in the future, just so I can have something RWD for when the urge arises. But I'm a little turned off by the fan boyism of the FRS owners. Maybe it's because I'm a little older now, but I dont see the point in bashing any car, really. I'm a fan of cars, first and foremost.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I myself was originally looking at getting the FoSt but where I live cars like the mazdseep or the Nissan Z srt-4 get targeted by cops. Then I looked at the FRS but u had to drop a lot of money to get any real power out of it and I wasn't willing to do that again, been there done that with my g35-Rx8. Then I went and test drove the FiST and it felt good on power and handled very well and I knew with it being turbo, I could get more juice out of it. I was not aware that the turbo had been pretty much maxed out from the factory tho. With the way the car sits today for me, it's not fast for my liking. Still on the fence whether to go cyborg or atp 2554 etc. Don't want to spend 10k in the end on a car that cost 32k CAD.

The review however sucked because he didn't go into more detail as I would have liked. The car looks and sounded amazing but DHM is the cream of the crop!

With Cyborg and ATP gt2554r as choices, for the money I would probably go Cyborg. Talk to Adam at Tune+ to see what it will do.

I haven't seen people talk about the ATP 2554 so if they have done any better than their first tune, I don't know.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
With Cyborg and ATP gt2554r as choices, for the money I would probably go Cyborg. Talk to Adam at Tune+ to see what it will do.

I haven't seen people talk about the ATP 2554 so if they have done any better than their first tune, I don't know.
I hear ya, cars only a few months old so not in a huge rush to make any big purchases quite yet. This will also give me the chance to see how the aftermarket progresses with our cars. Love to hear a review once your all set with your build.

haste

1000 Post Club
The fact that we are close with the disadvantage of a higher CG and FWD shows you that the ST is special.
I believe the car we drive has this and the people that know this, recognize it. Driver skills vary so much, it takes the <5% to recognize it.

My co-worker, who owns a modified turbo FRS recognizes the Fiesta ST as an amazing car. If he could have afforded it, I truly believe he would dumped his FRS(before turbo) for the Fiesta but it just wasn't viable with his current financial situation.
He is the sorta of guy to speak before thinking...

I drove his FR-S before he turbo'ed and absolutely despised the feeling. It had no character...was just a car with good handling and rev happy little engine. He hasn't let me drive it since he put a turbo on it and probably with good reason, he doesn't like it all that much and he has to live with it.

Just a little example...and even my wife questions it as she didn't know what this car was capable of...
I pass the Mustang before the overpass at VIR and quickly lay all the cars behind in waste... [hihi]

[video=youtube;bNNMcaWfrIc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNNMcaWfrIc[/video]

Was that your wife commenting?

In my one track session in novice group, I ran away and his from some very fast cars. I think most were just poor drivers but it is fun running away from a Miata, a Lotus Elise, FRS, etc.

There were some FRS that I could not catch but the gap didn't grow very quickly and they were pretty well driven.

I think the Fiesta ST has a fairly good selection of aftermarket parts compared to other cars. I don't know why that came up in the video. It's not on the same level as a civic or miata but there are a lot of readily available parts out there with more being developed. Parts that are function over form.

Believe me when I had my Yaris there was only one source(Micro Image) that had a decent amount of parts for it and was developing more. An OTS turbo kit from Taiwan didn't make me feel comfortable enough to pull the trigger on.