Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Low oil pressue intermittent

Craigw26

City
Doncaster
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Mk7 fiesta
Hi all looking for some help with my 2013 ford fiesta mk7 1.5 tdci

Around 2 weeks ago I was getting a message coming up on the screen saying engine low oil pressue the message would go so quick I couldn't read it I had to video it on my phone to see what it said. NOTE this would only come up when first starting the car for the first time in the day anything after that it would not come on.

I took the car in for a full service and the mechanic also run a full diagnostic and no codes were found and no historical codes. The message then stopped and didn't come back on.

Today when starting the car for the first time I had the message come up again it goes off after about half of second.

No unwanted noise from the engine and it runs fine no message comes up when driving.

If it was the oil pressure sensor why would I only happen when first starting the car then never come up again?

I've gone 4 days now without it coming on so I'm stuck at what it could be. Could it possibly be a issue with the oil pick up been partly blocked I know the 1lt ecoboost had a issue with this but not sure about the 1.5tdci engine

Any advice or help please has anyone ever had this issue?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hello. This forum is aimed at the North American market Fiesta. But I am willing to take a crack at your issue.
Oil pressure is monitored by a pressure transducer. This is a component that converts fluid pressure into an electrical resistance signal. This signal is interpreted by the controller within a specified range of electrical values. If the transducer is not getting a recognized signal, or no signal due to a fault in the ground connections or something that interrupts the signal power, you mentioned that the situation is very brief, it will be interpreted by the controller as a failure.
So, unless you have a good multimeter and some ability to read and follow a diagnostic tree. I must recommend that you get the car to a qualified Ford technician. These sort of problems are not resolved with guessing or ham handed fettling.