Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The fiesta gods hate me.

OP
S
Thread Starter #2
My car only has 10k miles I'm broke and this happens.. First oil change failed.[mecry][mecry]

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
Any one know the tread size? Idk what that parts called but it's the one tube bolt that holds the oil filter?

C. love

Cross threaded the filter is how it happened. You can try to get a self tapping bolt or a tap of the same size and run it through there slowy going in then back out then in and back out just mm's at a timeand that MAY fix the issue. Rule of thumb is if you cant get it finger tight and you are forcing anything in you're gonna fuck something up.

Size of filter idk but go to a parts store and if they are even just ok you can get the filter and they can measure to get you right self tapper or tap. Make sure you clean ALL the metal filings out

C. love

Cross threaded the filter is how it happened. You can try to get a self tapping bolt or a tap of the same size and run it through there slowy going in then back out then in and back out just mm's at a timeand that MAY fix the issue. Rule of thumb is if you cant get it finger tight and you are forcing anything in you're gonna fuck something up.

Size of filter idk but go to a parts store and if they are even just ok you can get the filter and they can measure to get you right self tapper or tap. Make sure you clean ALL the metal filings out

It looks like the fiST has an upset stomach.

I would have it towed to the dealership and re-threaded or something, not sure what all happened with the busted oil cooler but the filter threads look pretty funky.

OP
S
Thread Starter #11
Yeah I'm having towed to a shop today or tomorrow morning, someone's going to retap the treads hopefully I get it done this weekend.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I'm missing something here. The picture of the strip thread is the engine/oil filter. However it is missing the filter adapter.

Remember filter is a female(nut). Therefore unless the oil filter pulled out the adapter (male male extension) the cross thread was at the factory. If you cross thread a filter, the filter usually will loose the thread not the adapter. However even if the filter is cross threaded and the adapter is messed it can be.

Re-read the initial post this is not a cross threaded filter but a cross threaded filter adapter after changing the oil cooler.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
This is on the engine block behind the cooler.
If it was this way when you removed the cooler then yes it was done when the engine was assembled.
Or it was done when you reinstalled the cooler.

BTW, I have that tap.

Dave

MPA

I'm missing something here. The picture of the strip thread is the engine/oil filter. However it is missing the filter adapter.

I thought the same thing - it shouldn't have come out for a filter change

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
$13 fix

Since you cross threaded a huge bolt and busted the coolant line elbows I'd have a professional do it, and don't try to muscle everything on these little cars man! Hope you get it fixed.
I can beat that.

I have the tap.
I am a retired professional.
And I can see his home from mine.

Dave

OP
S
Thread Starter #19
I can beat that.

I have the tap.
I am a retired professional.
And I can see his home from mine.

Dave
just took the long tube/bolt off filter adapter off and it is the same tread as the oil filter... if anyone can fix it please help... the car is on jack stands right now... but i can have it on a lift tomorrow morning/afternoon and yes i can pay with pizza and beer