Replaced all 3 engine mounts...now car won't crank.

KellyP

City
Maiden
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Fusion SEL 2.5L automatic
2012 Fusion SEL 2.5L automatic...replaced all 3 of the engine/trans mounts...now when trying to start the car, dash lights appear normal, it just doesn't engage the starter & crank over...the only thing I can even hear is a SINGLE faint tic sound each time when turning the key...not exactly even a click like when hearing a starter solenoid click...but I can feel this in the shifer. When replacing the trans mount, I had the battery & tray out, of course...was all over the wiring harnesses in that area, but don't think I was TOO rough on any of them. Had the shifter cable bracket off & moved to the side, out of the way, so PARK/NEUTRAL switch possibly? Also, had the electrical junction box unmounted for some additional clearance, and the large wiring connector mounted on the side of it disconnected, but have disconnected & reconnected that a few more times since then to make sure it was in good/properly...even sprayed each side of it with contact cleaner. Possible fuse relay? New battery was just installed & it's measuring at 12.8V. It's the wife's car, and now she's pissed at me. I don't wanna have to get it towed. Please help.

BlueKoda

City
Indiana
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Check your engine ground. If you were yanking around the motor to get the mounts in position they're pretty easy to break especially if it was crusty and on its way out. I guess it's even possible that it was grounding out through the old mounts before. It's usually run from the frame rail to one of the transmission bell housing bolts.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk