Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Rough and high idle with intermittent acceleration issues

Bluecomp3

City
Beckley
State
WV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta
I got a 2012 Ford Fiesta that’s idles high and spits and drives rough. Mostly at idle it will run rough but it’s intermittent and also have a huge problem again intermittent that sometimes it will barely accelerate for around 5-10 seconds then choose to go. The last problem described happens also while driving where you can press the pedal to the floor and it just won’t accelerate. I’ve replaced mass air flow sensor and the throttle body completely to no avail. Any ideas? I’ve also checked for vacuum leaks but can’t find any. Thanks!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Do you have a Malfunction Indicator Lamp active? Or, is it on sometimes and then it goes away with the issue?

Ncheever

City
West Valley City
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta s
Did anyone figure this out... I am having same issue

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
EVAP system?

Best way to check that is to turn the key to ON and OFF - 8 times - then leave it ON - and look at the check engine light - after about 20 seconds - it may blink - and continue to blink - if this occurs, the EVAP system needs help.