Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Short shifter

Army1046

City
Peterborough
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta se
Hey, I have a 2015 se with a 5 speed. It’s my daily driver but I just want to make a few modifications to it to make it a little more fun. I wanted to add a short shifter but I’m having trouble finding one for the se. I was curious if anyone’s bought on for the se 5sp and if so from where

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Ford performance parts offered one. I believe that Steeda and Mountune also have them. Even though you don't have the ST version, those shifter kits are similar to each other ( but not interchangeable)and are installed with similar instructions. Just in case You need to find an install video. You also might want to check out a lower engine mount bracket upgrade. They improve shift feel by limiting and stabilizing movement of the engine and transmission. I have them on both my Fiesta ST and manual transmission 2011 SE hatchback. They work great and never need any maintenance!

Last edited:
OP
A

Army1046

City
Peterborough
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta se
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the feed back, I’ll have to look into that. I just took my centre console apart to take a gander at it The shifter and it looks like a short shifter from a st might fit. Obviously I can’t be certain but might look into that as well

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The Fiesta ST shifter is not interchangeable with the basic Fiesta version. I have not seen a video of a short shifter install on the basic Fiesta. But the install was pretty straightforward. The combination of short shifter and the lower engine mount will not disappoint you!

LostBoy

City
Cypress
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Fiesta Titanium
Thanks for the feed back, I’ll have to look into that. I just took my centre console apart to take a gander at it The shifter and it looks like a short shifter from a st might fit. Obviously I can’t be certain but might look into that as well
Were you able to make the change successfully?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I dug into the archives to see what choices of short shifters were available to us in the first few years the Fiesta was offered.
The FRPP, aka ford accessory one and its twin in every single way except the packaging, was sold by Steeda autosport.
These first two are probably the most popular ones in terms of what you might find as a used part.
The last one was offered by a company in Florida by the name of CFM Performance parts.
I have no idea what it was that might be different, better or worse than the others.
These shifters are designed for the 5 speed manual transmission specifically. I have no idea if they would be compatible with the 1.0 Ecoboost, but they probably are. They didn't have the 1.0 in 2011 so no fitment claims can be made.