Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Next round of modifications.. advice?

So far I have the Mountune accessport on its way and honestly (depending on how I like it) I don't know how much more power I'm going to try to squeeze out of this car. Maybe down the road an intercooler or a downpipe but for a while I think it's fine. My question is how to proceed from here. I know the Cobb Rmm is a given to most of you but I'm not totally sold. I'm currently deciding between Eibach sway bars, COBB bars, Steeda sway bars, and possibly Direzza II star specs (seems dumb to upgrade when I have brand new tires now) and an MBRP exhaust. really want to eliminate the three wheeling and the hint of understeer but also like me some noise. Maybe a short throw. Seeing as everything is around the same general price just asking for what would be the best course of action.

As an addendum, I have heard/seen that the MBRP makes 10whp/10wtq because its 3". Does this have any merit? Have heard false gains on exhausts before.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
It depends on what you're looking for. If power, i would get an intercooler and you're at stage two. if handling is what your after i would change the front sway bar and leave the rear alone if you're looking to get rid of understeer.

OP
SloCal
Thread Starter #3
I have read on here the rear sway bar is really important though

It really is the 3" downpipe that you get the added power, the 2.5 exhaust is more than adequate for 225+hp. Get a larger/better FMIC and hot side charge pipe soon too. I helped a bud put in eibach springs, (regular) fiesta front sway bar (19mm), and koni shocks and he/me would consistently get two seconds faster around an SCCA solo course in his car than mine (ours are tuned exactly the same). We got the fiesta sway bar at a junkyard for $30. So for less than $600 he got a much better handling FiST without paying almost $1k for entry level coilovers... good luck with your choices and have fun with it...

OP
SloCal
Thread Starter #6
It really is the 3" downpipe that you get the added power, the 2.5 exhaust is more than adequate for 225+hp. Get a larger/better FMIC and hot side charge pipe soon too. I helped a bud put in eibach springs, (regular) fiesta front sway bar (19mm), and koni shocks and he/me would consistently get two seconds faster around an SCCA solo course in his car than mine (ours are tuned exactly the same). We got the fiesta sway bar at a junkyard for $30. So for less than $600 he got a much better handling FiST without paying almost $1k for entry level coilovers... good luck with your choices and have fun with it...
Thank you for the response but this confused me quite a bit.