Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Quaife QDF57Z Differential In Stock!

Trader history for PCA-1 (0)

PCA-1

PCA has the Quaife QDF57Z differential for the FiST in stock. (4) available. $1100 shipped.

PM to order!

OP
PCA-1

PCA-1

Thread Starter #4
Down to one in stock here in the USA, and you will want to buy it in the USA to have the lifetime warranty, which is only serviceable here in the USA, by serial number.

OP
PCA-1

PCA-1

Thread Starter #5
One unit remains in stock. Re-order will not take place until this unit sells. After that, 8 week ETA before any new stock comes in.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Combined with the TV system this is the smoothest and least noticeable and very effective LSD I have ever had and I have had many including OSG.

I pounded the crap out of my very modified car at the track for two days and never once even felt it working, it just did.

I love it, most highly recommended!

Thanks for making these available, it is now a part of my plan to make this a nationally competitive TT car.

OP
PCA-1

PCA-1

Thread Starter #8
Combined with the TV system this is the smoothest and least noticeable and very effective LSD I have ever had and I have had many including OSG.

I pounded the crap out of my very modified car at the track for two days and never once even felt it working, it just did.

I love it, most highly recommended!

Thanks for making these available, it is now a part of my plan to make this a nationally competitive TT car.
It has been fun seeing all you have done and the enjoyment you are getting in return. :) Also cool to know PCA is part of your experience (so to speak ;) ).

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
It has been fun seeing all you have done and the enjoyment you are getting in return. :) Also cool to know PCA is part of your experience (so to speak ;) ).
With more to come ;) Fun to feel the car break both tires loose digging for bite :) Can't wait for our next project to be done and on the car .. Thanks PCA

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I do get a little bit of torque steer on uneven surfaces from a dig but I seldom drive that way and it is kind of fun to many anyway but after than none at all.

When on a back road at the track checking my tune I was turning around, 1st gear, going maybe 5MPH, punched it and when it spooled up I spun both tires for a good 30 ft or more before they fully grabbed but it was still accelerating very strongly, this was on 225 race tires that have much more grip than street tires. It was really good smooth and even asphalt and there was zero torque steer. I hit second and left another good wide dual tire patch.

Glad to have PCA supplied parts in my car, you are a great vendor and real car guy)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
That EFR turbo is going to be great fun indeed and the LSD will be even more important!

Looks like I am going to play with E30 tunes for a bit before going to the EFR, if not when now, depending on the E30 results which might be all I need.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
What I am seeing is you may want to limit how hard and how fast the Tq hits in the lower gears with the light wheels my car tends to hit max tq and both tires spin and grab for traction. But it is still both with the LSD from PCA and I think if the efr pushs the tq up the rev band a little bit this will only help knuckleheads like me ;) Again Chalon is a Great Guy to work with.. Very helpful..
(this is with a E30 tune)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I actually need to tune a bit more torque back into the bottom end with the modded turbo, it has a little lag down low but has not yet been tuned fully and not at all down low, just running a Cobb Stage 3 91 Octane tune modded a bit up top for now. Once the tune is done it might be just right. I have not done a hard launch is hardly ever do, just to hard on parts I need to last a long time, just from a roll it will spin but still pull really well once boost comes up. I do not really need more bottom end in 1st and 2nd but on the track in third on lower speed corners it was just a bit lagy but not much, that is all I really need to fix and more top end but looks like the E30 tune should address both areas and more midband power:)

I expected to see more LSD installs than have happened so far, once a few more of us get out cars out the and give some demo rides I can see sales picking up on them!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
My spin is not on the launch though I could roast the tires then but coming out of a hard coned corner and rolling on the gas too fast. It just spins looking for traction.. I even thought of going one run in Sprot mode but couldn't make myself push the button again as it is too much fun with ESC OFF and feeling the car pull ;) Agreed more demo rides though mine will prolly be parked when the snow flys. Waiting on the next PCA supplied upgrade to be finished.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Things will change a bit when you get that EFR on, they you will be even more glad you have the LSD but the power band will move up to a much more real world area, for most things fun that is:)

Funny, my wife and I were out looking at the car in the shop last night as I have been looking into 15's for the street and selling the 17 Mich PS AS/3 tires and wheels, love the tires, just like the 15s more, she does as well. I mentioned just getting a summer tire and some winter tires and she said you are not going to drive it in the snow and get salt on the car are you? That was pretty funny as we are selling her beloved v8 4Runner LTD and using this to replace it and now she likes the ST so much she does not want it out in the snow.....

I told her it has LSD, stabilty control, lots of air bags, far more modern safety all around, far easier to avoid things, it is quite a safe car, the only bad thing is a major hit but no vehicle is good for that, the ST would be a great snow car with the right tires and the LSD...we will hardly ever drive in the snow anyway and can take the duramax dually 6WD if needed.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Agreed I am moving the ST snow tires to a different car for the winter or I would give it a spin but not going to happen as I have other cars to beat on in winter now maybe again sometime but I doubt it. It was a hoot last year in the snow even without the Quaife installed it did very well in sport mode and even in full off as it would come around the moment you lifted on the gas and that helps a ton for winter driving up here.. Anyone On the fence about this MOD save up it only helps ALL the other MODs work better.. heck it even makes window tint look better ;) LOL

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have done LSD upgrades or new installs in many vehicles, it is absolutely important to me to have it, mandatory in my book. I was about to send my specs to Phantom Grip to get their unit custom made and have had to do that in two other project cars as it was the only solution and worked well, very seamless like the Quaife.

Then we got the Quaife option and I still almost went to the PG due to great success with them but I have no long term history as both cars saw very few miles and far less hard use than I have planned for this car. With your (Rodmoe) feedback on how well it worked with the TVC I just had to get the real LSD and glad I did, I like it far better than a clutch type unit and no maintenance, just good fluid and I know it will last through anything I ever use it for.

I was concerned with it unlocking when I lifted a wheel going over the curbs on the track and believe me, I was in the air, maybe all four a few times as felt like it, never once did I even notice the LSD do anything but work.

I am 100% satisfied with this unit, one of the best mods ever and my favorite LSD ever including the OSG I had in my last race car project, the whole rear end for that car was around $3500 so this is a hell of a bargain as well:)