Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2014 Titanium Radio resets when called

Kallion

City
Pittsburgh
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium
Whenever I get a call while playing music it turns the music off as it should but then the display freezes on the contact calling whether I answered or declined it still says incoming call. I can’t answer from the display and shortly after the screen will turn black and reboot. When it comes back on it goes black again for a while before turning on fully. Anyone deal with this before? I’m not sure where to start for this

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
This sounds like it needs a trip to a dealership to help it recognize newer call formats.

The 2014 versus now, there has been several changes to how phones are utilized - and unfortunately the Fiesta is not one to take on a new phone of recent vintage versus using an older phone and it's technology from 2014 - so the issue here is compatibility.

And it may need an upgrade - and you may need - to be advised that the ability of the technology to stay current may not be possible.

I own a 2018 SYNC unit and it no longer handles 3G (3rd generation) so the 4th and 5th and above technology - will have to stay with the phone - but the Bluetooth might be able to pair with it so you can play music but not much else.