Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Antenna base not 'square'

I know it is rectangle in shape, so when I say square, I noticed the other day when washing the car for the first time that it is not "square" on the roof - the back of the mount is about a quarter inch closer to the driver side - so it is not perfectly centered on the roof. Went by the dealer and they went on and on about the trouble of having to take out the headliner to adjust something that might not be adjustable.

Service manager and I went out on the lot to look at another FiST they have in white with the stripes. The stripes have cut outs to go around the antenna base and you could clearly see it was not straight on that car as well. Looked at two Fusions next to it and a Focus and they did not have an antenna base that was truly centered on the roof as well. Guess it is just something I will need to live with... I am sure when my name comes up on any future visits with a little * next to it and at the bottom it stats "this person is extremely picky about anything involving cars..."

It's definitely adjustable - there's a locking u bracket with a 8 or 10mm nut can't remember. Just take the weatherstripping off the upper hatch area and you'll be able to get your hand in there with a mini socket and undo it just a bit so you can shift it to your liking.

How I know - I've wrapped a few roofs on ST's

Heh, you'd straight up lose your mind if you had a new Mustang and looked at the rear window. Every one of them varies in mounting depth from side to side, you can see the gap change where it lies alongside the roof panel. Some things you just have to let go and ignore.