Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

City
Banning
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford fiesta SE
2013 fiesta SE 137 thousand miles.so far with all the issues this car has had it has to be the worst production car in history

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
137 thousand miles and it's the worst production car in history?

Quite a claim!

Not sure whether to give you kudos and atta'-boys for making it this far - or "Taps" because it just now let you down.

It's a '13 sir, many cars of similar vintage have not made it as far, let alone the company that made them still being in business.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I have seen DPS6 Fiesta with close to 200,000 miles on them. Which was one of the reasons I began to look at the driver behavior as one of the reasons for problems. Not so much on the early Fiesta's before 2014 and the first software updates. But, after mid 2014. Some issues i would characterize as something akin to a learning disability in both the car and the operator.

OP
C
City
Banning
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford fiesta SE
Thread Starter #5
Hit a nerve did I .lol sorry didn't mean to out your baby...from stalling on the freeway because complete loss of power I mean foot to the ground RPMs would red line car would not respond at all .Ford had the car for 6 weeks but would only fix what they had to by law ..they lost in court because this car should have not been sold with the issues they had I mean HAVE

OP
C
City
Banning
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford fiesta SE
Thread Starter #7
That's for sure .
I have always been a fan of FORD I also have a 2018 flex and a 04 F150 and will buy another in the years to come

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
Sub 190K here and running strong , of course mine has been well maintained since day one from 1st owner .
I can name everything that's been wrong with since is been bough and honestly I can't complain
the only major flaw these car have is poor ventilation , the front bumper should have been an open design with a grill to keep everything cool under the hood , and is the main reason I never cared to replace the ac system , seems every 4 to 5 years they fail , was replaced once under factory warranty back in 2016 and just after 4 years it failed yet again ,and is been out ever since . I only drive 30 mins to work, very rarely anywhere else . so I really don't care for the most part , oh the only other know issue the car had since new was third gear synchro went out and it was recall of some sort ,fixed under factory warranty as well .

Sometimes we just get the lemon among the apples [wrenchin]

OP
C
City
Banning
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford fiesta SE
Thread Starter #9
Looking at it that way I payed $5000 for the car in 2018 so I guess I have got my money out of it considering the other ones where in the 40 thousands

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
I payed $1,400 for mine, simply because the dealer wanted to give her $1,100 as trade in on a one owner 140k at the time , I said NO , ill give $1,400 and keep it . I was gonna give 1600 but the ac had went out on our way there XD, got lucky on mine ,and of course at the time these cars from lot where going for $5000+, these days a 2011 down here will range from 3800 to 8k depending on dealer ,condition, mileage, trim level, etc ,etc ,

with all the mods I have done to the car including replacement parts (fan, tie rods, struts, shocks ,timing job, brakes, etc,) I don't think my car reaches 4k TBH

you definitely got your money worth specially when you compare to cars in the 40k range

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Man! going out to lots and seeing used prices even for 2009 "cream puffs" - you got a steal!

That dash unit is pretty slick - wish you the best on that thing.

City
Victoria
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE hatch
We paid 11k CAD for our 55k kilometer 2015 hatch in 2021. Got them to throw in a new set of tires but that was pretty much the best we could do. Cars are very expensive on the island and the Honda Fit my wife originally wanted were all out of budget. For the same price as the Ford we could only get a 2009 Fit with over 200k on the odo. Given the recent issues with our car I'm beginning to question if it was the right choice. We've changed the battery, done air filters (cabin air is an unnecessary pita), blend door actuator (a REAL pita), front brakes (not too bad), premature clutch replacement ($1900) and now rear shocks are next. Also got an issue with one of the keys and a MyKey limiter I'd like to get rid of. Next year it's going to be the timing belt and water pump. Car got expensive pretty quickly and only has 85k kilometers on it

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Fortunately, you can get decent quality shock absorbers for not much expense. KYB Excel G dampers are available for the fiesta. It's unfortunate that the car you bought had several issues that needed attention so soon. The price of all used cars has risen to the point where I was seeing three year old Fiesta's with almost 40 thousand miles on them being priced only two thousand dollars under what they sold for when new!
Save the repair and parts invoices! Fiesta's that have been well maintained (actually, any car) is worth considerably more than one that has no proof of maintenance.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Save the repair and parts invoices! Fiesta's that have been well maintained (actually, any car) is worth considerably more than one that has no proof of maintenance.
This.
Used cars are still pretty high. Just like housing.

You shouldn't need a new timing belt. Ford says 150,000m./240,000km. for mine.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I am still looking for another manual transmission Fiesta hatchback, the prices are going up, even on the high mileage ones that have a "rebuilt" title. I will probably buy a car with obvious damage like hail dents or a bashed in door or fender. Not my original plan, but the market has changed and I will have to adapt.

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I never felt particularly lucky at salvage auctions. Some of them have a distinctly crooked smell regarding the online bidding action. I am certain that shilling is occurring frequently.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
The best you can do is be ready to pounce when the right one comes along.
There are still some Fiestas that are well-maintained and in pretty good shape.

I was planning to get an EcoSport for a couple years until one fell in my lap.
It was local. I test drove it and bought it off the lot.
I didn't get a great deal, but with under 13,000 miles, the '18 SES I got in '22 came with all the goodies, even paddle shifters. It only came with those that year in the US, so it is the best-performing Eco we ever got. I put some lighter wheels, mud flaps and a different grill on it, and it looks pretty cool. Even came with the triple coat. The 2.0 Duratec and AWD drive train are up to the job.
1710909708497.png

Last edited: