Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Old man, new car

City
Victoria
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE hatch
Howdy. I've been driving a bone stock 2015 Fiesta SE hatch 5MT for a few months and am looking to get a little more out of it. Used to be big into modifying cars, my last one being a fully bolted and tuned 280whp 4th generation Mitsubishi Eclipse GT-V6, and before that an fbo 2.2 Cobalt. I've since moved away from the lifestyle since having a kid but the itch is back and needs to be relieved. I understand that this platform is very limited but I don't want to buy another car and would like to play with what I have. That being said, I'd really like to see what my options are. Don't care about big flashy stuff and want to stick primarily to performance upgrades. This will be a learning experience and I hope I can pick up some useful tidbits before blindly dumping money into this car. Any opportunity to do so will be a welcomed one. So that's about it. Be seeing you around I suppose

Peace

Attachments

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Go shopping for lightweight 15 inch wheels. Even if you keep the original tires you will immediately notice an improvement in handling.
Remove as much clutter and junk as possible. Don't haul around your bowling ball and shoes.
Make sure that you have a clean air filter element and airbox.
Use a high quality motor oil like Castrol platinum full synthetic.
Maintain your tire pressures
I consider those the effective thing's to do.

OP
Plain Jane
City
Victoria
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE hatch
Thread Starter #3
Go shopping for lightweight 15 inch wheels. Even if you keep the original tires you will immediately notice an improvement in handling.
Remove as much clutter and junk as possible. Don't haul around your bowling ball and shoes.
Make sure that you have a clean air filter element and airbox.
Use a high quality motor oil like Castrol platinum full synthetic.
Maintain your tire pressures
I consider those the effective thing's to do.
Yes, those all go without saying, and are things I regularly practice. It's been averaging 6.4 L/100km for the months we've had it, and that's with some spirited driving (mostly onramp pulls) near daily for awhile. Numbers I'm happy with

What I originally had in mind was to bolt-on as many quality gofast parts as I could get my hands on, but since I share the car with my wife I've decided to scale it back a bit and make an OE+ build, or perhaps an ST clone/tribute, as I understand there's much that would directly swap over from that car? So we'll go from there I suppose. Thank you for touching base