Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Possible BCM Issue

lakc

City
London
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta Zetec 1.6L
I took my car (Fiesta Zetec 1.6L 2015 Automatic) for a service at a non Ford garage as there was no availability in time.

It was fine but they said the battery voltage had a bit drop (40% or do), I planned to replace it soon.

A few days after getting it back I noticed the heater blower only worked on level 4. A quick google hinted at the resistor pack. I replaced it with a cheap one until I could get the OEM part. Everything seemed to work OK.

When I next drove it the car made 3 chimes when I put it in to gear, it also showed a picture of the vehicle with an ! at the front and rear of the vehicle on the radio screen. The reverse sensors no longer worked. The front and rear wipers and washer pump no longer work. I can hear the relays clicking in the glovebox when I try the washer stalk, but nothing happens.

I checked it on Forscan and got 4 DTCs-

B1142:13-08 Ignition Status 1 Circuit Open
B124A:15-0A day running light
B124B:15-0A day running light
B1C45:24-OA - Windscreen wiper

The day running light DTCs seem to clear when I put my headlights on.

As far as I can tell it's either a battery, ground, or BCM issue.

The battery is at about 12.3v when the vehicle is off and about 14.3 when it's on, but I have just got a replacement.

I'm not sure where to start checking the ground but I can't see why it would suddenly have an issue.

Could an incorrect heater blower resistor pack damage the BCM. Is there any way to verify it and then replace the BCM? Ford want about £1300 to replace and program it...

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
IF you have checked the fuses and even the relays and everything is seated - then you have to review the work you did to get at the blower resistor

When you worked on the Blower resistor, which is right behind and to the right of - that BCM - you can bump the connections - even lift them off their seats - making them lose contact - you may not need to get a new BCM, just reseat the connectors to it and inspect the wiring you had to mess with when you replaced the resistor pack for the blower motor.

It sounds like you bumped or pulled the harness of a connector to the BCM - they group together - so to lose the DRLS but headlight switch makes it disappear - tells me you have either damaged wiring or you may have pulled one of the connectors loose to the BCM from these separate units.

Silviu17

City
Southend-on-Sea
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford fiesta ecoboost
Hy did you fix the problem please , I have same codes like you , please if you want to help 😊