Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Sync not seeing USB or audio on phone.

Big DJ23

City
Lowestoft
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Fiesta 2014
Hello
I've a 2014 Fiesta, the sync works with my phone for calls but I can't see or play audio from my phone.
Also if I plug a USB stick into the socket and press aux, the screen goes blank and no files are shown or play.
When plugged in the light on the USB stick lights up but then goes out.
I've formatted the stick to fat32 and tried file both in and out of folders.
Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Turn off Phone Bluetooth or Sync Bluetooth. Either or, and see if the MEDIA button can then play your USB stick.

I turn off BT on both my phone and SYNC so I can play the USB stick.

From my experience - FAT32 works, so does EXT formats - although if you're using iPhone -the UDF format is preferred.

Else in your Phone settings you'll have to allow; external device to control your phone - some security features on the more modern phones are smart enough to know it's playing Music files and not trying to take over the phone.

You mention AUX - that uses the Cord from your phones Audio-Mic jack for wired hands free operation - SYNC uses the USB port for and to your USB stick.

So you know, we may need to see a pic of your radio console so we can help you navigate it.

Why?

Here...
1711675158488.png
Pre-SYNC / SYNC from MS-Windows (2008+)
Another console...
1711675255366.png
Post-2013 Fiesta with SYNC note Full Numeric (0-9) Keypad (H)
and 4-button "Option Select Menu" O, N, J and I
Along with...
1711675437870.png
Touchscreen display select...
And finally...
1711675504619.png
And Touchscreen with Cursory Home and 8" panel display.​

Which one you got?

OP
B

Big DJ23

City
Lowestoft
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Fiesta 2014
Thread Starter #3
Hello
I saw elsewhere online about pulling the SYNC fuse and disconnecting the battery tried both of these but still not able to access audio from my phone or USB drive.
Here's a picture of the console I have.

Attachments