Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2014 Focus St

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
Just curious as to what you guys think

The car seems well kept 155k original miles ,

they are asking 8900 ,thinking about a test drive...

is at my local town private dealer and no im NOT trying to trade in my 2011 Fiesta SE,

only because im second owner and I know the car always been serviced by me or Ford dealer so is definitely well kept to get rid off

Thanks in advance

Attachments

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
No under the hood pics or any thing regarding the condition of the engine carriage?

The engine is mounted to that carriage and then installed, so if the GDi and the engine seem sound, the engine bracing, mounts and the condition of the exhaust is the next question.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
It looks slammed. Definitely not the stock wheels (which isn't a bad thing). This leads me to think the previous owner(s) did other mods, too. The roof spoiler has been modded. That could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how it was done. See how it rides and how it tracks.
What year is it? Have you driven it?
Test drive it, hard. See if those tires rub under hard cornering.
Listen to the engine. Ticking is normal with the fuel injectors, but you should hear nothing unusual when driving it.
The problem with this (or any) used car is knowing how well it's been treated. If you're still interested in it, pay someone to put it on a lift and really inspect all the components.
It's a bigger and much faster car than your Fiesta. Very fun to drive.

Last edited:
OP
Mercurios2011

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
Thread Starter #5
Thank you guys ,no there is no under hood pics ,I did stopped by and saw the car in person, but I was brief since I was runing late for a game.

I walked around it look at tires and rims and there was some stickers around that indicated possible mods,like the Cobb in the rear windshield, cross drilled rotors and couldn't tell if it was cut springs or adjustable coil overs .

After watching the video some of the things made lots sense since my Ol Lady has a 2018 Mustang EcoBoots premium 2.3T 6M and it is somewhat of a noisy engine, just like the oil pressure greatly impacting performance when is cold ,done been true that on hers and of course at the time neither one of us was sure and took it back to Ford and they weren't sure neither xD.

The car was bought right before winter on top and it does get chilly here in Fl of course this was over a year ago .

I may check it out next week if still around and one thing about down here ,trucks and suvs are preferred and very sought after, manual cars sell slow ,out of all the Mustangs I see every day a very handful are manuals even hers was a trade in that had came in the day before maintenance on the Expedition.

The ones they always have on the floor 95% are automatic

Attachments

OP
Mercurios2011

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
Thread Starter #6
It looks slammed. Definitely not the stock wheels (which isn't a bad thing). This leads me to think the previous owner(s) did other mods, too. The roof spoiler has been modded. That could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how it was done. See how it rides and how it tracks.
What year is it? Have you driven it?
Test drive it, hard. See if those tires rub under hard cornering.
Listen to the engine. Ticking is normal with the fuel injectors, but you should hear nothing unusual when driving it.
The problem with this (or any) used car is knowing how well it's been treated. If you're still interested in it, pay someone to put it on a lift and really inspect all the components.
It's a bigger and much faster car than your Fiesta. Very fun to drive.
The being slammed tho while it looks really good [perfect10], it would be a problem on my roads

the Mustang at stock height can't be driven after long rains or when the roads aren't properly grated

ill have to take video so yall see what i mean, is 2.2 miles of nothing but dirt ,clay and sugar sand

sometimes I wonder if i need a rally car instead [woot]

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
There's always the issues of Road Rash.

2014 - 155K - lot of miles on any part of any car - especially the undercarriage.

OP
Mercurios2011

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
Thread Starter #8
There's always the issues of Road Rash.

2014 - 155K - lot of miles on any part of any car - especially the undercarriage.
That is true, see when I got my fiesta had 141K or maybe it was lil more can't remember ,but it was my ol lady and always been properly serviced she bought it with 5 miles on the odometer,

I pretty much talked myself out of it ,just not worth the chance,
now if it weren't for these roads might actually consider it further

OP
Mercurios2011

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
Thread Starter #9

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Big issue with the 2.0 ecoboost is pcv system sprays oil mist onto the backside of an intake valve that then becomes coked up with baked on sludge, causing misfires and eventually low compression. Massive cost to correct. Some people claim an oil catch can setup mitigates the problem, i would think that it couldn't hurt! Does the car pictured have a catch can setup? To me , almost 9 grand for a 200 k used car had better have a maintenance log and the receipts for more than a couple new components like a turbo and the intercooler!

OP
Mercurios2011

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
Thread Starter #12
See and that's why I came here first, there is things I do not know about turbo cars since i never owned one.

I understand how everything works and how important is ARF on them, been around many DIY poor mans made turbo cars to learn , but I would have never know about that issue , I did started to run a the vin

number to get all the maintenance records and or repair records if any ,however I could not remember where I had a an online account that you pay one dollar and get up to 10 vin records , by then I had

pretty much talked myself out of it anyways, to me high mileage can be one of two things , either the car has been all over the place ,around and about or the previous owners had a hard time letting go for the

following reason ; A. was super reliable or B. spend more time in repair shops than anything else and just could not see loosing all that money till eventually had enough and let go C. The car just been beat the

fu*** out then got rid off for next person and the next person and so on ,or came from up north or beach residential area So YES!, I definitely agree how important service records are since it could very well be a time bomb

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
...and with those maintenance records, would you still have bought it if they didn't do any timing belt, water pump or and sort of AC service? ULP! - or if there was even AC still on it - some delete the mess so they can install the larger inter-cooler.

The thing has a low-ride so bouncing and road rash - and maybe even a bent link, can be under there and you would not know it - if that vid was the test was on dirt track so the clutch - gear - drive-train and turbo noises (spin up down and waste-gate - if present) would get masked in the road crunching. Exhaust blare would take care of the rest - your ears ringing removes any doubt.

@scotman brings up an excellent point - the "catch can" is a lot like what you'd see on the BBQ and serious grilling equipment only for catching the drippings and discarded. So the oil gets out of the path, yes - but you just can't put it back in the crankcase either. So remember too, the miles it's got, to look into those records it may be like peeling an onion to get to see below the surface - and the sad thing is, the onions' ability to make you cry gets stronger as the layers go deeper.

OP
Mercurios2011

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
Thread Starter #14
...and with those maintenance records, would you still have bought it if they didn't do any timing belt, water pump or and sort of AC service? ULP! - or if there was even AC still on it - some delete the mess so they can install the larger inter-cooler.

The thing has a low-ride so bouncing and road rash - and maybe even a bent link, can be under there and you would not know it - if that vid was the test was on dirt track so the clutch - gear - drive-train and turbo noises (spin up down and waste-gate - if present) would get masked in the road crunching. Exhaust blare would take care of the rest - your ears ringing removes any doubt.

@scotman brings up an excellent point - the "catch can" is a lot like what you'd see on the BBQ and serious grilling equipment only for catching the drippings and discarded. So the oil gets out of the path, yes - but you just can't put it back in the crankcase either. So remember too, the miles it's got, to look into those records it may be like peeling an onion to get to see below the surface - and the sad thing is, the onions' ability to make you cry gets stronger as the layers go deeper.

The video is the last stretch to my house,well one of em the other side is almost .5 miles more and that was me in the Fiesta ,just so yall can see what I meant ,a car as low as that ST would not make it across a bad rainy day or when roads are lacking maintenance ,it was my biggest eye opener to just not take the chance on top of everything else mention above, I like onions but not 9k worth of it xD, and absolutely not If there was no records of water pump or timing or any usual repairs that come around 80-100k ,I wouldn't take the chance neither, one day I'll break into engine on my Fiesta but I need to reinforce other areas first