How much horsepower will make you happy with the EcoSport?

How much horsepower will make you happy with the EcoSport?

• Happy with stock

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 200-250hp

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • 251-300hp

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • +300hp

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Lets see where everyone is at when it comes to being happy with the amount of horsepower on their Ford EcoSport.

State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport SE 1.0L
Even though either engine is underpowered, I still like the vehicle. Very comfortable and pretty decent on the wallet in the fuel department. When you have a car full of people having a conversation, you don't think about being a speed demon.

XR650R

City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 Fiesta ST
They could have put the 2.0 turbo or even the 1.5 turbo in it, but that would make it zippier than the Escape, and that's a big no no.
Sure, more power would be nice, but the EcoSport isn't meant to be a performer. It's just a cute ute.

SJR0ZRR

City
Cedar Rapids
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Ford EcoSport
Looking at the vehicle weight vs. HP, the EcoSport should "pull" a bit more. Based on the feel of the pants, I am thinking the HP is made a little high in the RPM range for an automatic transmission. Manual gear box combined with this suspension configuration; this would be a hell of a ride. A serious mountain back road carver, LOL. I still love this car as an urban run about. Fun to drive as is.

XR650R

City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 Fiesta ST
Looking at the vehicle weight vs. HP, the EcoSport should "pull" a bit more. Based on the feel of the pants, I am thinking the HP is made a little high in the RPM range for an automatic transmission. Manual gear box combined with this suspension configuration; this would be a hell of a ride. A serious mountain back road carver, LOL. I still love this car as an urban run about. Fun to drive as is.
Yes. The 2.0 doesn't make a lot of low end torque. You really have to wind it out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R General Automotive Discussions 0