City
FRAMETOWN
State
WV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 ECOSPORT
I recently purchased a new 2021 Ecosport with a 2L engine. It had 6 miles on it when I took possession. On the way home I noticed a creaking noise coming from the rear of the vehicle. It has continued for 3 weeks. The noise is loud and annoying. It does not change with speed, driving conditions, weather, bumps in road, nothing. I took it back to the dealer, they are unable to find the cause. The service manager said he will check with Ford to see if this is an ongoing issue. I have not heard anything back yet. Has anyone out there had the same problem? If so, has it been resolved, and how?

Last edited:
City
Milwaukee
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Focus Titanium
Your issue sounds suspiciously like something I've dealt with. I have a 2018 Titanium 4WD that I leased new, and within the past year or so, noticed a banging/knocking sound coming from the rear. At speed I don't hear it on bumps I guess because of the ambient sound. But when turning into a driveway for example, it's very noticeable. I took it to my dealer and they said my rear passenger side shock was bad. Replaced under warranty, but it's happening again! A relatively small thing, but it drives me nuts.

Don't get me wrong, I *LOVE* my "cute ute". It otherwise performs flawlessly. But this just kills the perceived quality.

OP
K

KZENWV

City
FRAMETOWN
State
WV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 ECOSPORT
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for your help! However, I did finally find the problem. The car came with a plastic license plate holder and a paper temporary license plate. The paper plate was flapping in the wind, pulling the liense plate holder (backing plate), away from the tailgate and slapping back against it. The racket it caused was more than annoying. The fix was to change the license plate holder to a metal one and secure the paper license plate to it with clear packing tape. No more noise!
You might want to check your license plate holder/frame?
Best of luck.