Air filters / CAI

octotron

State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
EcoSport SES
I have been unable to find ANY air filters to fit the 2 liter v4. If you find one, please link it here!

Would preferably want a K&N, knowing how nicely it made my old focus run. It is kind of surprising that there are literally no aftermarket parts of any kind available.

OP
O

octotron

State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
EcoSport SES
Thread Starter #3
That is a really interesting question... It should literally be the same engine, right? I noticed the plastic on top is different.

State
MI
Country
United States
I have been unable to find ANY air filters to fit the 2 liter v4. If you find one, please link it here!

Would preferably want a K&N, knowing how nicely it made my old focus run. It is kind of surprising that there are literally no aftermarket parts of any kind available.
I'm going to send K&N and AEM to see if they plan on doing anything. I've checked all the Euro sites and haven't seen anything either.

State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport SE 1.0L
Most CAI's wont make a difference unless you use a tuner to let the computer compensate for the extra air. Plus with the use of a K&N, be prepared to have a dirty throttle body. I warned my friend about the use of one of those and he could not believe how nasty the throttle body was. Totally caked with dirt. He took it off immediately and put a regular filter back in, just as I did the same. Just try to find a quality air filter. Hopefully a tune will be available for the turbo in the future. That will make the most difference as turbos are very responsive to tunes.

OP
O

octotron

State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
EcoSport SES
Thread Starter #8
Heads up.. looks like they made one.

K&N 33-3117

Lawnmaster

State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport SE 1.0L
Heads up.. looks like they made one.

K&N 33-3117
If you want to have to use stuff like Seafoam and what not on a regular basis, then use a K&N air filter. I prefer to use WIX or Mann air filters. I'm not going to risk having my cylinders filled with dirt. I already saw other people who used K&N filters that had their throttle body's with dirt. I promptly removed mine after seeing this.

OP
O

octotron

State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
EcoSport SES
Thread Starter #10
Initial impression is that there is a bit more pick up from stop. Engine noise is largely unchanged. The filter seemed well made and more "oily" than other filters I have gotten in the past. Jury still out on mileage, though it has only been a bit. Noticeable improvement when trying to squeeze into a tight space going into an intersection.

OP
O

octotron

State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
EcoSport SES
Thread Starter #12
You've made this point several times. Other people feel differently and have been waiting for a filter to come out. Personally, I have not had an issue with their products in the past and have noted some minor gains. This vehicle needs all the help it can get in terms of pick up.

State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport SE 1.0L
It would be nice if the Ecosport had the same 2.0 Ecoboost as the Escape. I wonder why they don't put that engine?

wysiwyg

City
St Peter
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 ECOSPORT SES SMOKE
Installed the K&N filter have noticed it is no longer lethargic, Also why not EcoBoost - the 1.5L EcoBoost has a poor reputation, the 2.0L is better BUT needs worry about the older it gets the higher the maintenance because of the turbo.