Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

What is this please

ebt

City
Fareham
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta TDCI Titanium
Can someone please tell me what this is please? It’s in the centre of the top of the dashboard.

Many thanks….

Attachments

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Your AUTO ambient light sensor for nite-time illumination...

C1BZ-13A018-A - It's called a "Sunload Temperature Sensor"
1710085463380.png

Works when the Light Switch is on AUTO (A)

1710019853861.png
1710019975361.png is the AUTO setting
1710020423565.png Not to be confused with FOG
So you are aware - there are two types of "Sunload" sensors, one works with illumination and AC the other doesn't only does Illumination and does not affect AC. The one above is for NON-AC controlled vehicles.

How do you know?

You have two types of "Climate Controls" for the typical Fiesta -
1710085967169.png

and
1710086170712.png

So when and if ever you need to get another Sensor - know the Climate control system too, for it "looks" at the Auto system for communications and setting of temperature. As to keep the interior at your set temperature as well as knowing how much light and heat there can be. This is done so it knows how to form a budget on engine loading and tries to adjust for the demands accordingly.

So the OTHER ONE is this...C1BZ-19E663-A
1710087231850.png
Same top dome shape as above, but has a LIGHT GREY body color
It also has a lot more pretty little pins on the connector - and an index, to show that there is only one type of connector system it works with so it cannot be swapped in error with other systems. So if the connector index doesn't match the connector on the vehicle - it's not the right sensor - find the other type - listed above in this post.
1710091336436.png

The big clue is the BODY of the sensors - the color is different between the two.

Last edited:
OP
E

ebt

City
Fareham
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Thread Starter #4
A few pics ….

Attachments

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Wish you the best!

You will have a lot of fun in that car, feed it well and take care of it, so it can take care of you!
[clap][clap][clap][welcome][woot][cheerleader]

OP
E

ebt

City
Fareham
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Thread Starter #6
Thanks, it’s a 1.5 TDCI. My son, unknowingly just bought his wife an eco boost Fiesta ! I’ve talked to him about the absolute need for regular oil and filter changes !!!