City
Punta Gorda
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
Can someone tell me what is the largest size tire (all-terrain) that will fit on a stock AWD EcoSport (USA version) without rubbing? Also, have been searching for the rear tire carrier and cannot find it... any links would be appreciated. Also, anyone try lifting one to fit larger tires? (Haven't bought one yet, but it is so far first on my list).

State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Ecosport
Can someone tell me what is the largest size tire (all-terrain) that will fit on a stock AWD EcoSport (USA version) without rubbing? Also, have been searching for the rear tire carrier and cannot find it... any links would be appreciated. Also, anyone try lifting one to fit larger tires? (Haven't bought one yet, but it is so far first on my list).
Do you plan on going with bigger wheels are keeping the stock 17"?

octotron

State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
EcoSport SES
Do you plan on going with bigger wheels are keeping the stock 17"?
Frankly, I would be interested in some tires that are a little less "low profile" without having to change the rims / get the vehicle reprogrammed for the larger wheels. I already destroyed one on a curb haha.

Koko07

City
Lexington
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium AWD
Octotron, did you ever do anything on this? I am looking for better ride with an taller tire. More air and tire between me and the road. Not sure why Ford would put low profile on an SUV. I want to keep the 17 and go taller.

State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Ecosport
Octotron, did you ever do anything on this? I am looking for better ride with an taller tire. More air and tire between me and the road. Not sure why Ford would put low profile on an SUV. I want to keep the 17 and go taller.
There's not much room to go taller with the 17" tires. Factory they are already 50 series tires. My 16" are super comfortable.

cuemark8

Every vehicle has a safety factor/margin built in. General rule is anything +/- 3% of the factory OEM tire diameter is acceptable tolerances.
So one size wider, one size taller, usually works fine.
The OEM 17" size is 205/50/17 a slightly wider and taller 215/50/17 should fit without issues even using the stock wheels and offset.
Something to consider. A larger tire takes more torque to turn. The Ecosport is no power wagon. Going to a taller, wider tire will likely result in a noticeable difference in performance. Either engine is taxes fairly hard just moving the vehicle around. Not a lot of extra power free and available.
A larger tire also effectively raises the gear ratio which would be equivalent to running a taller gear in the transmission. Lowering engine RPM and power at the same speed compared to the stock setup.
So now you have slightly taller gear ratio making less engine RPM and horsepower needing to turn a larger tire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

City
Converse
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 ford ecosport SES
I think this tire will work. I'm about to buy these and a lift kit at the same time in case I need it to fit the tires, but I doubt the lift kit will be needed for such a small increase in size
Screenshot_20210615-122503.jpg

Logan1127

City
Yukon
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Ford Ecosport
Has anyone figured this out? I got a 2020 Ecosport Titanium AWD (USA spec) as well. I wanna run the same 215/55R17 tires on my Ecosport. And if a lift kit was needed what kind of kit was used???